THE HEART OF YOGA
200HR TEACHER TRAINING
Yoga Sanctuary’s 200hour Yoga Teacher Training is a dynamic, detailed and exciting course for anyone interested in becoming a certified yoga teacher or looking to deepen and expand their practice. The training keeps numbers low to ensure the best possible training experience.
Our team of highly experienced teachers, including Yoga Sanctuary founder Erica Tracey, have worked closely to ensure a varied and inspirational course, helping you to develop your understanding of teaching yoga with safety and down to earth approach.
300HR TEACHER TRAINING
Yoga Sanctuary’s Advanced Teacher Training is an in-depth, detailed and exciting course for teachers who have already completed their 200 hour yoga teacher training or foundation level training. The training has been carefully curated with a selection of the best yoga teachers in Ireland and beyond. The training is only available in studio to a small number of students to ensure the best possible training experience.
Yoga Sanctuary’s YACEP are practical and effective Modules for teachers who have already completed their 200/500 hour yoga teacher training, keeping their skills relevant and up to date. These practical and insightful modules will be taught by teachers qualified to the highest level E-RYT500. The training has a maximum of 15 students to ensure the best possible training experience.
Expect to achieve a greater understanding of anatomy, allignment, sequencing, student safety, philosophy, pranayama and meditation.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- We always keep the training small but this year will be smaller again to ensure HSE guidelines (these will be adhered to if social distancing is required in September)
- I don’t specify a level because after 5 years of running the training I have seen so many different groups attend each and every one bringing something unique to the training. Someone who has been attending classes regularly for years still may not practice advanced poses (which is perfectly acceptable) and someone who is relatively new may have a natural athletic ability AND this is only one aspect of the yoga training. There is so much more to it than being able to do certain poses. Some people may be more drawn to the meditation/ pranayama and gentle practice of yoga, while another may be more drawn to the aspects of strength and flexibility. So I would just say that as long as you are doing the training for yourself, you will get what is for you from the training and you will not regret it because it is a beautiful journey no matter what.
- I think the youngest trainee I have is 19 and the oldest is around 60 years old. There is usually a broad range of women on the training who all bring something unique and inspiring in their own way. Every year I have witnessed some beautiful lifelong friendships blossom during the training too.
- I am hoping that from September we will be able to go ahead 100% in the studio but if necessary we could do some small sections online too.
- Early bird price is still available, it usually ends 2 months prior to the start date or if a certain number of spaces have already filled so currently 2 spaces remain.
“I did the 200hr YTT at Yoga Sanctuary and it was one of the best experiences ever. I researched several yoga teacher trainings and this one was one of the most comprehensive, well-thoughtout trainings. Not only were all the teachers involved SO lovely, they were all extremely experienced and each had their own specialised areas exposing us to several different styles, not to mention all the great advice they gave us. I would highly recommend anyone considering becoming a yoga teacher or even anyone who wants to deepen their practice and understanding of yoga to enrol, you won’t regret it!"Emmy Rangel, 2020
“I undertook the 200 hr Yoga Teacher training with Erica in the Yoga Sanctuary 2019/2020 and I’m so glad I did. The course is really well structured with a good mix of Anatomy,Yoga Philosophy and Physical practice. I learned so much more than I had imagined I would ,and feel really well equipped with all the necessary skills required to continue teaching and practicing. The teachers were all extremely knowledgeable, capable, gently professional, warm ,informative and fun. If you’re considering this training I’d highly recommend it !!"Grainne Nangle, 2020
"I would highly recommend doing The Yoga Sanctury’s 200 Hour Teacher Training (recognised Internationally by the Yoga Alliance) The course ran for one weekend per month over 10 months so it fitted perfectly into family life for me. There is so much more to Yoga teaching than I realised and I really feel the past 10 months have deepened my understanding of so many of the different branches of Yoga. The knowledge & experience I’ve gained has already helped me in all aspects of my life and I know it will continue to do so. If your thinking about doing this course my advice would be don’t put it on the long finger, you wont regret it!"Grace Shanley, 2019
"I completed my 200-hour Teacher Training Course at the Yoga Sanctuary in June 2017. When I started last September, I had no idea what was ahead of me. The course was challenging, both mentally and physically, and it required a high level of commitment, but it has been rewarding and it has fully prepared me for my journey as a yoga teacher. It was very comprehensive and included modules on yoga philosophy, anatomy, teaching methodology and a whole lot more. It has also enriched my own yoga practice. I feel equally grateful and honoured to have had the opportunity to successfully complete this training with 14 other like-minded students, and to have been guided and supported by teachers with a wealth of knowledge and experience. I will treasure this time forever.Geraldine Kerin, Student 2016/2017
Thank you, Yoga Sanctuary."
“Thanks so much to Erica and all her fab teachers at Yoga Sanctuary for keeping me sane since our first lockdown. I’ve loved how they moved their classes on line and kept it real and engaging.
I’ve actually done more yoga then ever and hope a blended version of future classes is our takeaway from this crisis”
'I can highly recommend Erica's yoga classes. I feel they combine a good balance between exercise and relaxation. You get a good workout but leave feeling relaxed and reinvigorated!'
'Erica's approach to the classes have encouraged me to stick with it! You can work at your own pace and with gentle encouragement you find that gradually muscle tone and overall posture begins to improve. I highly recommend these classes to anyone of any age or fitness level'.
‘Erica's pleasant and uplifting personality makes yoga really enjoyable...medicine for mind and body and soul...a must in today's busy world. I regularly attend Erica's vinyasa flow yoga classes which I love because of the perfect mix for the body of physical, relaxation and meditation. Erica is excellent, she listens to your needs and is very attentive, always adjusting you, so you are in the correct positions.’